Disclosure: I was provided with a sample bar of Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar in exchange for my review. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Today, I am sharing with you a little DIY that we have been using in my home for awhile. I love making my homemade laundry soap! And what makes it even better is the use of Purex products, which you already know I love.
As a Purex Insider, I got the chance at a bar of their Purex Fels-Naptha, and since I already used it in my homemade detergent to get my clothes clean and to remove greasy stains, I knew it was time to share my secret.
Before I get into my little Homemade Dry Laundry Soap recipe, let me tell you a little bit about the Purex Laundry Bar and Stain Remover.
- You can pretreat dozens of stains and it is safe on colors
- It is great for dirt, grease and ring-around-the-collar stains
- It is easy to use and more effective than spray
If you wanted to use this laundry bar as a treatment for stains, just follow the directions on the wrapper. But if you want to make Homemade Dry Laundry Detergent, here is how I do mine.
You will need:
- A bucket with a lid
- A grater with medium size holes (I learned this one the hard way. Small holes will give you quite a back and arm ache)
- 1 large box Pure Baking Soda (found in laundry isle)
- 1 large box 20 Mule Team Borax
- 1 large box Super Washing Soda
- 1 container Oxi-Clean
- 1 large container Purex Crystals in smell of choice (I have two bottles pictured here because they were out of the big bottles at my store. I can’t use lavender so I went with two small containers)
- 2 bars Fels-Naptha
All you do is dump the ingredients in your bucket, one at a time.
Then you grate your Fels-Naptha Bar with a small-medium size hole grater. When I did this the first time, I used a extra small hole and it took me hours to get it done. This time I got a different grater and used the smallest hole on there and it took me 10 minutes top.
Put the lid on it and roll it around to shake it up. Use the left over Purex Crystals container to dispense what you need at a time. The lid is the perfect measurement on what you need for each load.
There you have it. Easy peasy.
Want to make your own detergent? I would like to help 3 of you get started with a coupon for a free Fels-Naptha bar. Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. The giveaway is open to residents of the US, 18 years old and older and will end on August 16 at 12:01 AM CST. The winners will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.