My little girl is growing up so fast! It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital. Then again, that was almost yesterday, depending on which hospital stay you look at.
Regardless, my little girl is attaining new skills with every passing day. Whether it is a new word or some other motor skill, Bear is working hard to catch up.
Here are a few of the things she is doing new lately:
1. Turning on the cheese! - She loves to just smile to her hearts content, and is quite the charmer when she does it. She totally uses her smile to manipulate every situation.
2. Learning the sign and sound for dog. - This one was a little bit of a shock. I taught her the sign and sound of a dog in a matter of minutes. And now she uses it all the time. Every animal she sees is a Woof Woof! She will pat her little leg (or my big leg) and just go to town when she sees a Woof Woof. It is really precious.
3. Learning the sign for please. - I know there are people who say not to teach manners in signs, but honestly, this has been such a blessing. It keeps her from having a complete meltdown when she wants something because she has to consentrate. Besides, how cute is it when a little girl rubs her tummy.
4. Running – This one came just after she graduated out of physical therapy. Since she only had 4 more skills for them to really work with, running being one of them, we decided to drop pt. She hated it anyway. Now, she runs with reckless abandon. And most of the time it is into something, hence the bruise on her head.
5. The sound for a cow – My daugher can moo with the best of them.
6. The sound for a cat – Who knew that cats said, ahhh! Well, it works according to the speech therapist. We will refine later
7. Increased communication – All around, Bear is just increasing her communication with us. She is two years old, and sometimes it is frustrating that she can’t talk yet. But, lately, she has been trying more, which has made life much easier on us. Less screaming and more happiness.
8. Hiding stuff – Yep, Daddy’s cell phone is MIA. That means we have to go get a new one tonight. I just wish I knew where she hid it. A lot of memories are on that phone.
9. Independence – She likes to play on her own and wants her own stuff. She has always showed this skill, but now it has increased so much more. I like that I can sit at the computer and type for a few minutes while she plays quietly on her own.
That sums up all the new stuff my princess is doing. I am so excited to see her catching up and look forward to the day that she is no longer developmentally delayed.
What new things have your children been doing lately?
This post is linked up with Top Ten Tuesday and Tell Us Something Good